- BLOG / NEWS
Newsletter July 2023 - JuliaHub Receives $13 Million Strategic Investment from Boeing-Backed AEI HorizonX
By JuliaHub | Jul 17, 2023
JuliaHub Receives $13 Million Strategic Investment from Boeing-Backed AEI HorizonX: JuliaHub has announced a $13 million strategic investment from AEI HorizonX, a venture capital investment platform formed by Boeing and AE Industrial Partners. This funding announcement was covered by Boston Business Journal, Washington Technology, AlleyWatch, Defense Daily, HPCWire, FinSMEs, ExecutiveBiz and Semiconductor Engineering. Click here for more information.
JuliaHub Presentations at JuliaCon: JuliaHub presenters will be part of at least 25 presentations during JuliaCon, including a keynote featuring Dr. Chris Rackauckas (JuliaHub VP of Modeling and Simulation), the JuliaHub sponsor talk featuring Dr. Viral Shah (JuliaHub CEO, Co-Founder & Julia co-creator) and Dr. Chris Rackauckas, the results of the 2023 Julia User & Developer Survey featuring Andrew Claster (JuliaHub Marketing & Communications) and State of Julia featuring Jameson Nash (JuliaHub Software Engineer). The full list of JuliaCon presentations featuring JuliaHub presenters is available here.
JuliaHub.jl First Release for Programmatic Access to JuliaHub: The first public version of JuliaHub.jl is now available. More information is available here.
Introducing CedarWaves: A Paradigm Shift in Analog Circuit Verification: CedarWaves is a state-of-the-art solution from JuliaHub engineered to redefine analog circuit simulation, verification, and waveform analysis. Click here for more information.
Traceability Dashboard for Audit Events: JuliaHub is introducing a new traceability dashboard to make it easy for administrators to view, filter, sort, and download audit events, which may be necessary for compliance and accountability. Click here to learn more.
Pluto Notebooks Competition - Cash Prizes: JuliaHub is hosting a competition to highlight the best examples of Pluto notebooks being used in industry. Click here for more information and to submit. The submission deadline is August 1. Notebooks will be judged based on 3 criteria:
- Subject Matter: Does it solve an interesting problem?
- Presentation: How interactive is it and what kind of output visualization does it include?
- Package Usage: How well does it use Julia package(s) / JuliaHub?
- 1st Prize winner gets: $500 Cash + $500 Hours worth of free compute on JuliaHub
- 2nd Prize winner gets: $300 Cash + $300 Hours worth of free compute on JuliaHub
- 3rd Prize winner gets: $150 Cash + $150 Hours worth of free compute on JuliaHub
JuliaCon 2023: Tickets are still available for JuliaCon 2023! Click here to register. JuliaCon will be held in person for the first time since 2019, and will be held at MIT for the first time since 2016. JuliaCon will take place July 25-29. JuMP-dev, SciMLCon and ASE60 will all take place during JuliaCon this year.
- Keynote Speakers: Dr. Christopher Rackauckas, Dr. Stephen Wolfram, Dr. Rumman Chowdhury and Dr. Tim Davis
- Sponsorship: Sponsorship is available at many levels, from $2,000 for Bronze sponsorship to $45,000 for Diamond sponsorship. Current and recent sponsors include: JuliaHub, ASML, Pumas-AI, QuEra Computing, RelationalAI, Jolin.io, Beacon Biosignals, MIT CSAIL, NAWA, NumFOCUS, Julius Technologies, Intel, AWS, Invenia Labs, Google, EVN, DataChef, Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation, Tangent Works, Replit, Capital One, Nvidia, Microsoft, Alan Turing Institute, Zapata, Metalenz, G-Research, Conning, Jeffrey Sarnoff and more.
- Julia Community Prize: Is there someone who you would like to see recognized for their contributions to the Julia language and/or community? Nominations are open now. Please note that past winners are not eligible.
- ASE60: In addition to hosting the first in-person JuliaCon since 2019, MIT will also be hosting a 60th birthday celebration for Julia co-creator and JuliaHub co-founder Alan Edelman during JuliaCon on July 27 and July 28. Professor Edelman created the JuliaLab at MIT and is winner of the Gordon Bell Prize, Chauvenet Prize, Sidney Fernbach Award and many others. The title of the birthday celebration is Synergistic Interactions Between Theory and Computation and the star-studded program includes presentations by Roman Vershynin, Misha Kilmer, Alex Townsend, Gil Strang, Chris Rackauckas, Folkmar Bornemann, Steven Smith, Daniel Spielman, Stephen Wolfram, Nick Trefethen, Zhaojun Bai, John Urschel, Jeremy Kepner, Sherry Li, Juan Pablo Vielma, John Gilbert, Raffaele Ferrari, Justin Solomon and Steven Johnson.
Julia Workshop for High Energy Physics: The Erlangen Centre for Astroparticle Physics (ECAP) is hosting a Julia workshop for High Energy Physics November 6-9. Registration for in-person and online participation and call for abstracts are open now. Places for in-person participation are limited, so please register as soon as possible. Click here for more information.
Julia for Forecasting Virus Outbreaks Using Social Media Data with Neural Ordinary Differential Equations: Dr. Chris Rackauckas, JuliaHub VP of Modeling and Simulation, has co-authored a new paper in Nature - Scientific Reports titled Forecasting Virus Outbreaks with Social Media Data via Neural Ordinary Differential Equations. More information is available here.
Julia for Fluid Dynamics: Scientific Machine Learning for Modeling and Simulating Complex Fluids is a new paper featuring Julia in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. Click here for more.
Julia for Monkeypox: The Role of Vaccination and Public Awareness in Forecasts of Mpox Incidence in the United Kingdom is a new paper featuring Julia published in Nature - Communications. Click here for more information.
Converting from Proprietary Software to Julia: Are you looking to leverage Julia’s superior speed and ease of use, but limited due to legacy software and code? JuliaHub and our partners can help accelerate replacing your existing proprietary applications, improve performance, reduce development time, augment or replace existing systems and provide an extended trusted team to deliver Julia solutions. Leverage experienced resources from JuliaHub and our partners to get your team up and running quickly. For more information, please contact us.
Careers at JuliaHub: JuliaHub is a fast-growing tech company with fully remote employees in 14 countries on 5 continents. Click here to learn more about exciting careers and internships with JuliaHub.
Julia and JuliaHub in the News
- Washington Technology: Computing and AI Feature in this Week's Major Venture Investments
- AlleyWatch: The Weekly Notable Startup Funding Report
- Defense Daily: Boeing, Private Equity Platform Invests In Machine Learning Firm JuliaHub
- HPCWire: JuliaHub Receives $13M Strategic Investment from AE Industrial Partners HorizonX
- FinSMEs: JuliaHub Receives $13M Strategic Funding
- ExecutiveBiz: Technical Computing Company JuliaHub Secures AEI HorizonX Investment
- Semiconductor Engineering: Startup Funding June 2023
- Analytics Insight: 10 Best Open-Source Deep Learning Tools to Know in 2023
- Analytics Insight: Top 10 Machine Learning Frameworks for AI & ML Experts
- Analytics Insight: Key Differences between Data Science and Data Analytics
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences: Scientific Machine Learning for Modeling and Simulating Complex Fluids
- Nature - Scientific Reports: Forecasting Virus Outbreaks with Social Media Data via Neural Ordinary Differential Equations
- Nature - Communications: The Role of Vaccination and Public Awareness in Forecasts of Mpox Incidence in the United Kingdom
- Information Age: New Technology Jobs Needed for AI
- Open Source For You: AI - Beyond Python
- HackerNoon: The Transformer Neural Network (TNN) is Much, Much Bigger Than Even AGI
- Any Uak Media: Improved Efficiency in Natural Language Processing with MXNet
- Scoop Earth: Top 10 Software Programming Languages
- Finextra: 3 GenAI Use Cases for Capital Markets: The Power of the Vector
- Traceability Dashboard for Audit Events (Bill Burdick)
- Projects Come Alive with JuliaHub’s Pluto.jl Notebooks Competition (JuliaHub)
- Introducing CedarWaves: A Paradigm Shift in Analog Circuit Verification (Glen Hertz)
- JuliaHub.jl First Release for Programmatic Access to JuliaHub (Morten Piibeleht)
- Thread-Local State Is No Longer Recommended (Mason Protter, Valentin Churavy, Ian Butterworth)
- Set up NeoVim + Tmux for a Data Science Workflow with Julia (Navi)
- Conditionals in Julia (Ifihanagbara Olusheye)
- Advancing the Future of the Internet by Making Math More Inclusive (Kristina Bravo)
- Render Quarto Tutorials in Documenter.jl with GitHub Actions (Ronny Bergmann)
- 2023 Google Summer of Code and SciML Summer Fellowship
- Tips and Tricks of Broadcasting in DataFrames.jl (Bogumił Kamiński)
- My Approach to Named Tuples in Julia (Bogumił Kamiński)
- The Return of the Graphs (and an Interesting Puzzle) (Bogumił Kamiński)
- How to Deploy Algorithms Anywhere? (Matthijs Cox)
- Fruity Composable Design Patterns in Julia (Matthijs Cox)
- Julia Is Not Just Fast Python (Emma Boudreau)
- Applying And Using the Normal Distribution for Data Science (Emma Boudreau)
- Top 5 GUI Libraries for Julia (Emma Boudreau)
- How To Use Julia WITHOUT The Documentation (Emma Boudreau)
- Gattino Plotterino! (Emma Boudreau)
- Building A Doc Browser Into Olive (Emma Boudreau)
- Data Filtering in Julia: Everything You Need to Know (Emma Boudreau)
- 5 Silly Julia Mistakes You Don’t Want To Make (Emma Boudreau)
- Do Open that Door! (Andrea Dalseno)
- Machine Learning and Gradient Boosting with Julia (Nic Coxen)
- Density-Based Clustering Algorithm from Scratch in Julia (Jose D. Hernandez-Betancur)
- Julia vs. Python: Which Language is Right for You? (Soumen Atta)
- An Introduction to Laplace Approximations for Bayesian Deep Learning in Julia (Severin Bratus)
- Creating Property Graphs with Julia (Antematter)
- Python at the Speed of Light (Andrea Dalseno)
- Modeling and Simulating the Algorithm for Adjusting Brightness in Python and Julia Languages (Claudia Serbu)
- Demand of Your Art (Abel Soares Siqueira)
- A Simple Trick to Speed Up Reading CSV Files in Julia (Vikas Negi)
- Cambridge, MA: JuliaCon 2023 with JuliaHub July 24-29
- Aachen: Modelica Conference with JuliaHub October 9-11
- Washington, DC: American Conference on Pharmacometrics with JuliaHub November 5-8
- Erlangen, Germany: JuliaHEP 2023 Workshop at Erlangen Centre for Astroparticle Physics November 6-9
- San Francisco, CA: Design Automation Conference with JuliaHub July 9-13
- Online: Breaking Boundaries in Data Science: Introducing Next-Generation Analysis and Visualization with Deep Datta (JuliaHub Product Director) and Phil Vernes (JuliaHub Sales Engineer) July 12
- Learn more about JuliaHub, JuliaSim, Pumas, PumasQSP or CedarEDA
- Obtain pricing for Julia consulting projects for your organization
- Schedule Julia training for your organization
- Share information about exciting new Julia case studies or use cases
- Spread the word about an upcoming online or offline event involving Julia
- Partner with JuliaHub to organize a Julia event online or offline
- Submit a Julia internship, fellowship or job posting
Julia is a high performance open source programming language that powers computationally demanding applications in modeling and simulation, drug development, design of multi-physical systems, electronic design automation, big data analytics, scientific machine learning and artificial intelligence. Julia solves the two language problem by combining the ease of use of Python and R with the speed of C++. Julia provides parallel computing capabilities out of the box and unlimited scalability with minimal effort. Julia has been downloaded by users at more than 10,000 companies and is used at more than 1,500 universities. Julia co-creators are the winners of the prestigious James H. Wilkinson Prize for Numerical Software and the Sidney Fernbach Award.
Looking for Model Predictive Control (MPC)?
Learn about JuliaSim Control in our webinar on MPC, trimming, and linearization in JuliaSim.Watch Now
Quantitative Systems Pharmacology: Delivering Results 37x Faster
Elisabeth Roesch • Sep 27, 2023
Parallel Computing and Multi-Threading Using JuliaHub, Pluto Notebook Competition Winners and More
JuliaHub • Sep 20, 2023
CUDA.jl 5.0 - Integrated Profiles and Task Synchronization Changes
Tim Besard • Sep 19, 2023